MFA/MA Studio Art - Admissions
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The application deadline is 1st February annually, although late applications may be accepted if all places have not been filled. All eligible applicants are interviewed either in person or by phone.
Applicants should have a Bachelors Degree with first or upper second class honours in Fine Art; or a Bachelors Degree with a major in Fine Art with a GPA or 3.50 or above; or evidence of equivalent achievement. In the case of an outstanding portfolio, a Bachelors Degree with a lower second class/2.2 honours/GPA of 3.0 may be accepted.
Overseas applicants from outside the EU must comply with Irish immigration rules regarding passport, visa, financial viability and evident of student status (e.g. letter of acceptance from the College).
English Language Requirements for non-native speakers of English: Applicants in this category should have competence in English, which is the language of tuition. They will be required to supply an IELTS unless their primary degree has been taken through English, certification of which must be supplied.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- A completed application form.
- A copy of a recent essay on art or a critical review of an exhibition you have recently visited (approx. 1000 words)
- A portfolio comprising a minimum of 10works, which may be represented on slides, CD or video.
- A written statement of approx. 500 words that clearly states what you seek to attain through study on this programme.
- A résumé providing details of education, employment history, exhibitions and publications.
- Official certificate or transcript for all degree awards received.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A Copy of Birth Certificate
- €50 Application Fee which can be paid online here.