Burren College of Art is inviting artists to submit applications for the Emerging Irish Artist Residency Award 2016. We are looking for recent graduates and emerging artists who are highly motivated and would like the opportunity to receive the following:
• A large artist’s studio for the month of October 2016 with access to all college facilities.
• Exhibit work in a group show in two venues: BCA Gallery/ G126 Galway
• Opportunity to present a lecture and engage with the College community at BCA.
We welcome applications from artists working in any medium including: Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Photography, Performance Art and New Media.
Four selected artists will receive a free one-month residency, including individual studio space and access to all college facilities for October 2016. They will curate and organise a group show based on their time in the Burren and their shared experience, which will be held in the BCA Gallery in 2017 and will travel to G126 Gallery in Galway. Suitable candidates also have the opportunity to present a lecture at the College and engage with students and the broader College community.
There is a €5 submission fee, to cover administration costs. If selected, artists must be willing to pay a one-off fee of €150 to cover housing and utilities costs in Ballyvaughan for one month, and are responsible for covering their own food and material costs.
The Deadline was Monday July 4th at 5pm. Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2016 award cycle.
Selection process by a committee from Burren College of Art and Gallery 126 will take place in July, with successful applicants notified by August 1st.
Residency will take place from October 3rd-28th 2016. Exhibition will take place in BCA & G126 in Spring 2017.
To be considered for this application please follow the two steps:
Step 1: Complete the payment of €5 via the following link https://www.burrencollege.ie/emergingartistdeposit
In the invoice number box please enter: EIARA16_Applicants_Name
Step 2: E-mail the following to email@example.com
• A CV (max two pages and to include artist bio)
• A proposal (400 words), indicating why you want to partake in this residency and how you plan to develop work while in the Burren.
• Images to support application: may be sent via fileshare link or attached to e-mail.
- max.10 j-peg images.
- max. 1MB/each.
- Pixel Dimension: 800 pixels longest side
• Video links may be sent for either Vimeo or Youtube. (Max 3 minutes)